Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Not So 'Wordless Wednesday'...

This week isn't going to be a Wordless Wednesday. I have a lot going on right now, and the picture that I want to upload I can't access from this computer, and I don't have Internet access to the correct computer. So, yeah. Next week I'll get back to that.

The last few days have been really busy. My parents closed on both houses on Friday. They got the keys for the new house at closing, and that night everyone except me went over there. I had plans with Zach and I was looking forward to them. :) Saturday, my dad volunteered me to help him move all the stuff in the garage and shed. Starting around 8:30 that morning, we were loading both the van and his work truck. Kayla went with us on the first trip to the new house. We went back home, filled both vehicles a second time, and made our next trip. This time everyone else went and stayed at the new house. My dad and I went back to the old house a third time, and got what was left from the shed and garage. Needless to say, I was worn out by this time.

My friend just bought her first house as well. After getting the van unloaded and going back 'home' (old house), I went over to her house. She wants to paint before she moves in, so I helped her tape off all the molding and windows in her two bedrooms to get ready to paint. After visiting with her, I went home, laid on my bed, and didn't move the rest of the night. I was so sore that I could barely move.

Sunday was a good day. It was Mother's Day, as you know, and I went and spent the day at my grandma's with her and my mom and other family. My grandma grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We all had a good time, and we even got some updated family snapshots, which would have been my wordless wednesday photo.

Monday was a normal day. I worked until 5, then I had class until 8:45. Yesterday was the day they moved everything from old house to new house. I worked and went to class during the day. When I went home, I went to the new house. I helped in the kitchen by removing the rest of the contact paper that was left in the cabinets, after Monica worked on it Saturday. The paper was sticky and gross and I had to use Orange Clean to get the sticky off my hands. Eck! But I was a good little girl and removed the rest of it, and wiped out the cabinets. So we can how put our dishes away when we unpack them. :)

Last night we all went to the old house, because we were handing over the keys to the new owner, and we went inside to see the empty house. It was weird. The last time I saw the house that empty was when we moved in. I walked into my old room, and I was saddened. I liked that room, except it didn't have a closet. I made that into my own space, and everything had a place. The girl that bought the house was very nice and she was so thankful that we took care of the house as much as we did. I know that she will do the same.

Last night was our first night in the new house and it was okay. For me, a few things were similar, so I still kind of felt like we were at the old house. Things will get more comfortable as time goes on, we just have to be patient.

Today is Lucas' birthday, and I'm going to my mom's house tonight to celebrate (kind of). We celebrated it on Sunday, since everyone was together, but I didn't have his birthday present. He'll be getting that tonight.

*JRB

1 comment:

Faith Brackman said...

Is it strange that I'm sad that I'm not gonna see that house again?