Monday, July 18, 2011

50th Wedding Anniversary and Bridal Shower

It has been such a busy weekend, but it was a great one!

Saturday was my great aunt's 50th wedding anniversary! It was fun and I saw a bunch of family that I hadn't seen in awhile. I was able to catch up with a few of them and eat, dance, and have good time.

Sunday I hosted (with 2 other girls) a bridal shower for my friend Danielle! It was held at our friend Christine's apartment so I was over there at 11am. We set everything up and got ready and by 12:15 we were just waiting on everyone. The shower didn't start until 2 so the three of us went to Chipotle for lunch. Yum! The lovely bride was the first to show, naturally. Then those from her family and the groom's family. Everyone ate and chatted, and then there were gifts. Everyone had a great time and Danielle got a lot of nice things.

Afterwards Christine, Nicole, and I cleaned up everything and sent Danielle on her merry way. Nicole and I ended up staying until 8:30 because we were having girl talk. It's nice to know that I can talk with these lovely ladies about personal things.

That was my weekend. How was yours?!

*JRB

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm glad y'all stayed and chatted for a while. :)

HazelandMare said...

That sounds like a bunch of fun! Especially the Chipotle part... yum! ;) I bet your friend was so honored to have all her friends there to help her celebrate! :)