Friday, July 29, 2011

Overdue Explanation

Remember this post? Well now I feel it’s okay to explain everything.

Okay, so as you know, I’ve been applying for jobs all summer. Last week I finally had an interview with Bath & Body Works. When I applied for a job there, I applied for Co-Manager or Sales Lead. Both are full time positions and have reasonable pay.

The interview at B&BW was a preliminary interview. It was pretty much a group interview, as there were two other girls there besides me. The co-manager that interviewed us asked us questions such as “What did you do in this type of situation?”, “What would you do if this happened?”, etc. As she was interviewing us, she kept telling us things that hinted toward them looking for part-timers. That is not what I want. I have a somewhat full-time job now, and I don’t want a part-time job. I want a full-time job that is 40 hours a week with great pay and offers health benefits, because I will need those when my birthday comes in April.

Besides the hints of it being a part-time job, everything seemed to go well. The interviewer seemed to like all three of us, and she really listened to our answers to the questions, and genuinely tried to create a relationship with each of us. She said that we should all hear back by Wednesday of the next week, which was two days ago. I have yet to hear anything, and Wednesday night I applied for another job. (Click here to see my application journey this summer.)

I was really excited when I left the interview, and now I’m bummed that I haven’t heard anything. Oh well, I guess it wasn’t meant to be. Like I always tell myself and other people, everything happens for a reason! Hope y’all have a great weekend!

*JRB

No comments: