Monday, August 1, 2011

Last Weekend in July

Oh my goodness! It's been such a busy weekend, but I had lots of fun!

The Dayton Celtic Festival was this weekend, so Love and I went both Friday night and today. Friday night was interesting. We got there around 7ish and there was a storm developing right above us. We walked around and looked at all the booths for about 30 minutes then got seats in the amphitheater. We were going to watch Gaelic Storm, but as they were setting up, it started pouring. Since it was windy, the rain was being blown inside the theater and they had to cover up all the equipment. Love and I sat there and talked while it rained for an hour. It poured the whole hour. Once the rain let up, Love and I walked around a little more and then left. It wasn't the night we planned, but it was fun just sitting there talking and being silly.

Saturday was also busy. My uncle got married on July 9 in Las Vegas, and on Saturday had a reception here at home. It was so much fun! There was good food, lots of family, and tons of dancing. We left around 9:30 and my dad said it was going to go on at least until midnight. Once the dancing started, a lot of my extended family formed a circle around the dance floor and one by one people were dancing in the middle. It was so much fun. I love weddings, even if we didn't see the actual reception.

Today, as I said before, Love and I went to the Celtic festival. It was fun, but not as interesting as Friday. It was hot and muggy today, so being out wasn't the best time, but I still enjoyed myself. We were able to see Gaelic Storm and it was fun. They're such a fun group to watch and they interact with the crowd and have them participate in some of the songs. I like seeing them every year. After we left, we went to Love's mom's house. We sat around and talked and then decided to go to Ben & Jerry's. I've never been there before today. I know, right?!? But I got a scoop of their Chocolate Peanut Buttery Swirl in a waffle cone. Yum! I want to go back!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to show you. (Bad, Jessica!) I really need to become a better blogger and take pictures of everything to show y'all! But all in all I had a great weekend! Sorry, I bored you with all this reading. If you made it this far, then thank you for reading the whole thing! I appreciate it!

How did all your weekends go? I can't wait to read about them! :)

*JRB

No comments: