Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 3: Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge

Day {THREE} What do you do for Halloween/a Halloween memory

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge

I’m linking up with Neely and Amber for their Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge, which is going on for two weeks and today is Day 3! :) 

I don’t really have a Halloween tradition. 
My youngest brother and sister carve pumpkins, but that’s something I’m not always there for, so I don’t consider it a yearly thing for me. 
I do have many memories of Halloween, though, one of which is a favorite. :) 

When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I was a cheerleader for Halloween and my brother was a die. {Like dice, but only one.} 
My dad had painted a cardboard box white, and put black dots on it. 
We had one jack-o-lantern bucket and a Halloween bag to collect our candy in. 
Because my brother couldn’t put his hands together to open the bag, he got to carry the bucket and I had to carry the bag. 
I was so upset, because I wanted to carry the bucket. 
All the other kids had buckets, and I wanted one as well. 
As the night went on, I realized that the bag was better than the bucket, because it gave me more room to put candy in. 
I obviously felt better about having the bag instead of the bucket. 

I think this Halloween stands out to me because it was before my parents divorce and it was fun. 
It is also quite possibly the first Halloween I remember. 

Do you have any Halloween traditions? 
What about favorite memories? 
Link up with Neely and Amber and share! 

I hope you all are having a fabulous Wednesday! 

*Jessica*

3 comments:

jessie said...

Haha that's so cute that you were upset that he got the bucket and you didn't....but when you figured out you got more candy you changed your mind! Lol. We always used to carry around pillow cases. Plenty of room for candy!
xo,
jessie

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Ashleigh said...

my bro and i used to fight over who got the bigger "bag" to carry around... that changed when he got taller then me... lol! cute story!

Rebecca said...

LOL love this story! My sister and I used to fight about that kind of stuff all the time...not just on Halloween!! :)