Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Wisdom Teeth Diet

It's been a week, and I haven't really strayed away from eating soft foods.
Last Wednesday, I had my wisdom teeth extracted.


I only had three of them. 
I had the two upper, and the bottom left.

My bottom tooth decided it wanted to be funny.
This is how it grew in:

 The only thing, is that it actually cut through and was aimed at the actual tooth instead of the roots.

I spent all of Wednesday on the couch watching TV. 
The doctor said I had to keep ice on my face for 20 minutes, then take it off for 20 minutes, then back on and so on, all the way up until I went to bed that night.
And I did, because I didn't want to stay swollen.

I was so hungry when I got home, so I ate.
This is what I had:

I had 3 throughout the course of the day.
I was so afraid of getting food where they had cut, so I didn't dare eat anything but food that I didn't have to chew.

The nurse told my dad that I had to have a frosty that day.
So for dinner the family had Wendy's and my dad brought me home a large frosty.

He's such a good dad. :)

I went to bed with Vicodin in me, so I could sleep without being in pain.

The next day, I was feeling better, and I knew that yogurt wasn't going to enough to eat.
Luckily, I had done some grocery shopping for lunch for work and bought some of this:

I was able to tongue the macaroni to death without chewing, so I felt relieved I didn't have to live on yogurt for another day.
Don't get me wrong, I love yogurt, but it's not filling to me.

On Friday, I ate the same thing. I ventured that evening at dinner and tried two soft tacos. 
(Impromptu date night post to come)
Yum! 
I didn't finish the tortilla they were in, but I did eat all meat, lettuce and cheese.
Man, did I feel good after that. I filled myself more than I had since Tuesday!
If you know me, you know I love food, and going without a lot of it for a few days, wasn't the greatest time of my life. For sure.

As the weekend continued, I tried chicken tenders and fries and other various foods, but nothing to extreme.
I have yet to eat potato chips or anything crunchy or extremely hard.
I'm scared to death that if I do, the food is going to catch and I'm going to rip out my stitches.

Tomorrow I go back to the doctor for a check up and hopefully everything looks good and is healing properly.
I know it's kind of pessimistic of me, but I always expect the worst case scenario. 
I hope for the best, but expect the worst. 

Have you had your wisdom teeth out?
What did you eat?
How did you spend your recovery days?

*Jessica*

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh no! It hurts to get them taken out! I had mine out years ago. I think I only ate ice cream and pudding for a few days!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Mmmm! I know it's painful to have your wisdom teeth out...but I sure do love yogurt, easy mac and pudding!!
Hope you're feeling 100%

Stephanie said...

Oh my, what a diet! I had a similar problem with my wisdom teeth except the right bottom one was coming in sideways towards my cheek. When they were removed, I had to get stitches in the lower part of my gum and in the side of my cheek. Then, to make matters worse, I had an allergic reaction to the vicodin and couldn't keep anything down! So for about a week, I couldn't eat, could really talk b/c of the cotton, etc. packed in around the stitches, and couldn't take any pain killers!! Ironic that they're called wisdom teeth - I think they're actually pretty stupid.

PS - just discovered your blog! I have to say, I'm quite a fan already. Hope you're feeling better soon! :)