Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Wonderful Christmastime

Although Christmas is my favorite time of year, I am also busiest from the 24th to the 26th.
For those of you that don't know, my parents are divorced and remarried, so I have a million and one places to go during those couple of days. 

On Christmas Eve, my dad has Christmas at his house, for us kids (and our families, when the time comes) and him and my stepmom. 
The evening includes eating dinner, opening presents, and spending time with family.

Here are pictures from that evening:
(Warning: This is the beginning of picture overload.)
The Christmas Tree with all the presents.

Love and I

My first presents of the evening.

Sissy's presents from me.

Sisser's first present.

Love and I with bows on our heads.

Dad and Bubby playing with Daddy's new toy.

After all was said and done, I packed up my things and stayed the night at my mom's house (something I do every year, and will continue to do until I get married.)

On Christmas morning, my mom had her Christmas.
We get up at 7am, and open presents in our pajamas.

Mommy's Christmas Tree

Mommy and Doug

Opening presents.

I don't have a lot pictures from Christmas at Mom's, but from there, we went to my grandma's house.
There, we had brunch, opened presents, visited with family, and I took LOTS of pictures.

Grandma's Christmas Tree


Bubby and I

Grandpa and I


My aunt making scrambled eggs.

My cousin making sausage gravy.

The first two to open presents.

Passing out presents.

Opening presents.

Grandpa opening the present I got him.

Group shot.

Grandpa and Bubby talking about cars.

Grandma and me.

Grandma and her bow.

Nephew.

Sissy and I

Lukie and I

Mommy and I

After my grandma's, Bubby, Sissy and I had to go to our aunt's house for Christmas with my stepmom's family.

There, we ate dinner, opened presents, and visited with more family.

My aunt's Christmas Tree.

Stepmom with the newest addition to the family.

Beautiful Baby Girl

Baby Girl and I

Bubs and my cousin, the mother of Baby Girl

Sissy and Baby Girl

Family

More family

Sisser and I

Bubs and I

Starting to open presents

Family picture 2011

My aunt's was the last Christmas on Christmas Day.
The day after Christmas my dad's family all got together.
With the Brackman's, we ate dinner, exchanged presents, and spent time with family catching up and playing games.

The game I played with my cousins

Everyone playing the game

The Christmas Tree at the hall

Nephew with my hair clip

Dad and Stepmom opening a present from Grandma

Grandma opening a present from Bubby and his family

Nephew and my cousin's son having fun.

The onlookers as we finished the game.

I love Christmas. 
It is my absolute favorite time of year.
I love that I get to see all my family and spend time with them.
I love that over the past few years, there's been more and more people added to the family, either through birth or marriage.

Family is the most important thing in the world to me, besides our Lord.
And with as much as I have, I feel so blessed to be apart of such a large family.
When it comes to the holidays, seeing my family is what I look forward to the most.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, I know I did!!

*Jessica*


4 comments:

Jessica Renee said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!! We had a ton of parties to go to as well but I was just so over it because I was extra tired - I'm happy you got to enjoy yours! :)

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!!

Amira said...

WOW! You really do get to have quite a few Christmases!!! Love your blog, following you too :-)

Amira

amiragray.blogspot.com

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Oh my goodness! Looks like you have tons of Christmases! Lucky girl!