Friday, January 20, 2012

I Attempted....

...to make cake pops.

Last night, I decided to see if I could make cake pops. 
So, I went to the grocery and got everything I needed that I didn't already have.
When I came back, I got straight to work.
According to the directions, I had to bake the cake as it says on the box.

The baked cake.

The stand I found when I couldn't find styrofoam

The sticks

The cake mixed with frosting before rolled into balls.

The finished pops.

I made a total of 40 balls, but I only covered 20.
The other 20 are still in the fridge.

I decided to see what would happen if I stuck one in sprinkles and this is what I got:

It's cute, but it has just a little bit too many sprinkles for my liking.

What I've learned about this is that I need to thin out my coating.
Although the pops are quite delicious, the coating is a little bit thicker than I would like.
Hopefully tomorrow, when I coat the rest, I'll be able to thin the coating correctly. :)

Since tonight we have a Winter Weather Warning, I've stayed in and am currently watching Water For Elephants.
So far, I love it!
In a little while, I'm going to paint my nails with new polish that my friend got me!

Have a great weekend!

*Jessica*

11 comments:

Christine said...

they look awesome!!!! :)

Holly said...

That is seriously your first attempt at cake pops!? Wow. That's way better than I could do! They look great! :)

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

These look fabulous!

Lin said...

They came out totally cute. Nicely done :) I've actually never tasted them before but they look good.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

They turned out GREAT! I need to make these sometime!

Jessica said...

Mmm cake! These look awesome! I think they turned out great. Now I want to make some too haha. :)

xx Jessica

Page Twenty-Two said...

I've been wanting to make cake pops for a while now but have been too intimidated!! Great post! Its nice to see that it is possible:)

Leah said...

Wow those turned out great! Good job! Thanks for stopping by!

Meg {henninglove} said...

yum! those look amazing. i tried cake pops once, and i failed miserably. i think i will stick to other desserts however

Jennifer said...

They look really great! I like how it looks coated in sprinkles--yum!

Jenn said...

Mmmm why are cake pops everywhere nowadays? They make my mouth water every time : ) Yours look awesome! I'd take the one with the crazy sprinkles : )

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com