Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Ambitions for the New Year

I know it's 4 days into the new year, and I already talked about my new year's eve in this post, I feel it's time to tell you all about what I want to accomplish throughout the year.

I know, I know, you've already read plenty of these, but I feel the need, for me personally, to post them. That way I know that they will be worked on over the course of the year, and most likely checked off.
So, here goes:

1: Organize my bedroom/declutter.

I have entirely too much stuff to fit into my little room, and I don't even use half of it.
This also goes for all the clothes I have.

2: Read all of my unread novels.

I have a million and one books that I bought last year and have yet to read them, and it doesn't help that I got 5 more books for Christmas.
(I was going to do this one as "Read all of my unread novels before buying new ones", but I know for sure I won't keep that goal.)

3: Grow my blog and make it more personal.

Right now, I'm using a premade template on my blog. I would love to be able to get a custom design, but I'm not sure I will be able to accomplish this goal this year. However, it is on my bucket list for this here blog.
Also, I would love to grow my blog to 100 followers, if not more. I know this is no easy feat, but with the right time and dedication, I think I can do it.

4: Find a new job

I am currently working at a credit union. I make less than $11/hour and I live at home. With all my bills, I am living paycheck to paycheck and it sucks. I would like to find a job, within my degree field, with decent pay, health benefits, and something that I can move out on and be able to support myself. 

5: Save money!

This is going to be difficult for a little while. Until number 4 is reached, this is going to be on the back burner. 

6: Eat healthier and run more.

I would really like to add more fruits and veggies to my diet. Unfortunately, my parents don't keep a lot of them around the house, so it might be a bit difficult, but I am determined to get healthy! As for running, I absolutely hate being cold. Luckily for me, Love can get me into the gym at Wright State for almost nothing! 

So there you have it! I'm sure this list will grow, but for the time being, I'm keeping it simple. It won't be easy, (is it ever?) but I will (hopefully!) accomplish all my goals.

Happy Wednesday!
*Jessica*

2 comments:

The Jesse said...

I love reading other peoples goals :)

Best of luck to you in 2012 to reach all of your goals!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

I love reading yearly goals too! It really inspires me to work on mine!
Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful goals for 2012! Keep us updated on your progress!
Happy New Year!