Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Show & Tell: High School Edition


Today I'm linking up with Becky for Show & Tell.
I'm really liking this link up and I think I'm going to try and do it every week! :)

1. Tell us what kind of student you were in high school {popular, nerd, sport obsessed, choir, etc}.
I was the quiet one. I didn't really have a lot of friends but I got along with everyone.

2. Share with us some high school pictures. We know you have them somewhere.
Okay, okay. But you're only getting 3.
Senior Picnic 
Senior Prom
Graduation
The only pictures I have on my computer are from my Senior year.

3. Tell us about your school. Private? Public? How many in graduating class? Mascots? School colors?
I actually went to two different high schools. My freshman and sophomore year I went to public school. My class was somewhere around 500 or so students, and the colors were blue and white.
V-I-K-I-N-G-S. Go, go Vikings.
My junior and senior year I went to and graduated from private school. My graduating class was 238 and the whole school was 900+ students. Our colors were blue and green.
Eagles! Eagles! Go! Fight! Win!

4. Tell us about some of your favorite memories of high school. Or what stands out the most? Any teachers? Specific classes?
My junior year, I had the weirdest math teacher ever. She was a little loopy, but I learned the most from her. She challenged you. She knew what you were and were not capable of. Her favorite thing to say was "If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't assign it to you." And best of all, is she had my dad when he was a freshman.
But I think my favorite memories are from dances. My junior year, my boyfriend (at the time) and I went to Prom and he promised one of his friends a dance. The last dance had come and he still hadn't danced with her so I told him to go since he promised. About a minute into the song, he comes strolling over and takes my hand. Because it was the last song of the night, she didn't want to keep him away from me. I thought that was so sweet of her! 

5. Tell us a piece of advice you would pass on to your children or any child entering high school.
Don't be afraid to join clubs or sports. I didn't join any, but I wish I would have. Especially if you're new. They're a great way to make friends and meet new people.

How was your high school experience?
Link up with Becky so I can see! ;)


2 comments:

Katy said...

I think it's so funny when teachers have been in one place to have mulit-generations of a family. My freshman year, my history teacher had taught my mom. He would go down the list the first day, and tell kids "I had your mom/dad/uncle/aunt, etc.".

Shelley said...

did you prefer public or private high school? i did the whole private school thing for K-8 and hated it, but i LOVED public high school!

shelley
littlemidwestramblings.blogspot.com/