Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Liebster Blog

So the other day, my sister nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award.


I have received this award twice here and here, but there are other bloggers I would love to give this award to. :)

According to the rules my sister posted, when you receive this award:
-You post 11 random facts about yourself
-You answer 11 questions from your nominator
-You pass the award onto 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers and ask them 11 questions.
-You are not allowed to nominate the blogger who nominated you.

Eleven random facts about me:
1. My blog name was inspired by something completely unrelated to my upcoming new last name.
2. I may or may not have already listened to some Christmas music.
3. I collect porcelain dolls and keychains.
4. I have no desire to read the 50 Shades series.
5. I've stopped reading from my reading list to read wedding books.
6. I'm currently taking Biotin supplements because I want long hair when I get married.
7. I have a thing for mermaids.
8. I'm obsessed with The Voice.
9. I was born and raised Catholic.
10. I have two siblings that are 4 months apart.
11. I have a major sweet tooth.

Eleven questions from my nominator:
1. What is one sweet treat you don't like? 
Jelly beans. Zach loves them and makes fun of me for not liking them.
2. What is your favorite holiday that resides from October through December? 
Christmas. I love the time I get to see my family and all the happiness that the season brings. I know working in retail turns people off to this time of year, but I've always loved it. And the gifts are a nice bonus. ;)
3. What is your favorite way to relax? 
Stay home in my sweats and watch movies.
4. Do you have a Twitter? I'd love to follow you! 
Yes, I do! My Twitter handle is @jjessicarb. You can also click the link on the right side.
5. What is one thing of technology you can't live without? 
My cell phone. Even if I didn't have a smartphone I still wouldn't want to be without it.
6. Who is your favorite musical artist? 
Currently, my favorite is Carrie Underwood.
7. What is your favorite type of art? (i.e. music, paintings, photography, poetry, etc.) 
Photography.
8. What is the weirdest word you can think of? 
Doppelganger. This is just a weird word to describe your non-related twin.
9. What was your name going to be if you were the opposite sex than you are? 
Andrew, which is my brother's name, since I'm a girl.
10. Do you have any pets? 
Yes, I have a cat named Shadow. You can read all about him here.
11. Who is one person you'd switch your life with if you could? 
Honestly, I wouldn't switch with anyone. There are some things about my life that I don't really care for, but if it weren't for those things, I wouldn't be who I am today. And I'm happy to be who I am.

My questions for my nominees:
1. Who is your idol and why?
2. Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what is your favorite costume you've ever been?
3. What is your favorite blog post you've ever written? Leave me the link!
4. How did you meet your significant other? Leave me the link if you've blogged about it.
5. What did you want to be when you were little? Did you become that? Why or why not?
6. Are you superstitious?
7. Who is your favorite author and why?
8. Do you have any siblings? Are they full-, half-, or step-siblings?
9. Did you have braces? When and how long did you have them?
10. What is your favorite quote?
11. Are you happy with your life as it is right now?

And now for my nominees:

I know, I know, it's not 11 bloggers, but I follow a lot of blogs that have more than 200 followers. 
So check out these lovely ladies and my sister here!

3 comments:

Kayla Peveler said...

You are SO sweet ma'am!! So excited to do this :) yay!

Erica said...

Hi! Found you through Kyla's blog. Congrats on your award! :)

I agree with you on not being able to switch lives with someone else. No life is perfect, but mine is pretty great even with the ups and downs. I'm happy to be who I am too.

Have a great one, Jessica!

Ashley said...

Yeah....Jelly Beans aren't my favorite either.

Yayyy for Christmas music. I need to bust mine out!