Monday, October 1, 2012

Sunday Social

Sunday Social
Today I'm linking up with Neely and Ashley for Sunday Social and talking about my childhood.

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss not having responsibilities. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to get a paycheck every week, but I don't like most of my paycheck going to bills. Who does, right?

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
My grandma has always called me JB, my initials, and she still does. With my friends I didn't get a nickname until high school and was only my last name.

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
Jurassic Park came out when I was in elementary school and for some reason I was obsessed with the way the girl screamed at the end of the movie. A big thing the boys liked to do was chase the girls, so when I was being chased I would always try and scream like the girl in Jurassic Park. That and get married to a classmate. We were silly kids at my elementary school.

4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a teacher. I loved the idea of having summers off and I didn't want that to change when I grew up.

5. What was your favorite toy?
Barbies. I played with barbies from the time I was 3 to about 15. Yes I played with Barbies when I was a teenager.
I had all three of these.

6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
I don't know that I was really all that funny. I was a quiet kid. But when I dyed my hair blonde in 7th grade, I gained the nickname Blondie because it seemed as though I lost my common sense. My dad still calls me this on occasion if I do have a "Duh!" moment.
How was your childhood? 
Link up!!

all images via google images

1 comment:

Lin said...

Barbie's were always my favorite toy as a kid, too.