Thursday, November 1, 2012

Number Two - Fears

Remember my 30 Things challenge I started? 
Today I'm going to tell you about number 2.

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1 - I'm deathly afraid of going bankrupt. 
This is probably my worst fear, and biggest worry. My parents, when they got divorced, declared bankruptcy. I kind of inherited the "spend money" gene from both of my parents and I have debt that I'm not proud of, but I'm working hard to try and eliminate it. One of my goals before I get married is to cut my credit card debt in half or eliminate it completely.
No, thank you.

2 - I don't want to lose someone close to me.
I've never lost anyone extremely close to me, and I don't want to. I've heard stories of friends who have lost a parent or close friend, and I can't even imagine what they went through. I would be lost if one of my siblings or parents or even a really close friend.
My mom and I on my birthday this year.

3 - I'm afraid of being robbed.
I've had my car broken into before. The thieves didn't take anything major except my car change, but I still felt really violated. I can't imagine how I would have felt if there was something valuable taken, or even worse, my credit card/ID. 

What are your fears?

1 comment:

Robin said...

I just wrote a post with eight of my fears on my blog...one of which is Ferris wheels. *embarrassed blush*

The idea of bankruptcy is definately nerve-wracking. I admire you for wanting to clear up your debt before getting married. Congratulations, by the way. :)