Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Celebration

This year, Thanksgiving was a little unorthodox.

Zach and I went to my grandma's house. Something happened before we got there, and when we walked into the house, the tension could be cut with a knife.

It was bad. 

After things calmed down a little bit, we all ate and talked. Some of us caught up with others and some just talked about what had happened. It's not my place to post the dirty details of what happened on the web. Sorry ladies!

About an hour after we got there, I had to take Zach back to his car at my house, because he went to his mom's house. 

Later, I went to my mom's house and hung out for a bit because my stepsister was in town. 

Since I work retail, I had to work Friday morning. Luckily I work at TJ Maxx and we don't have any special sales ever on Black Friday so we weren't trampled or didn't have super long lines. 

Later that evening, my dad's family celebrated Thanksgiving.
I heard a lot of congratulations and it was a much lighter atmosphere. 
We had lasagna for dinner (yum!) and exchanged names for Christmas. Everyone has to write a list of what they want and we draw names, you can't get anyone in your household (in other words, you can't get your sibling or parent). I drew one of my cousin's names.

I love the holiday season, but this year, I'm kind of glad that Thanksgiving is over. I just hope Christmas is less dramatic.

How was your Thanksgiving? 


No comments: