Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Number Four - 16 Year Old Self

Again, my life is boring so I'm doing another 30 things. :)


List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

When I first saw this, I thought of Brad Paisley’s song “Letter to Me”. (“If I could write a letter to me…”) Honestly, I have no idea what I would say to myself at that age. But I guess I should try, right?

1. Be patient with your boyfriend. He is a great guy and will be back for school in August.
2. Nip the sex pressure in the bud. Your next boyfriend will want it from you before you move.
3. You have your temporary ID! You should really use it and learn to drive! Don’t wait until your 18.
4. Just ignore what that idiot posts about you. You know that you’re not anything he says, and he’s just angry you didn’t give it up to him.
5. Talking on the phone does not constitute a relationship, and there’s no need to kill both Grandma and Grandpa’s cell phone batteries.
6. I know it’s nice to have a boyfriend, but your friends are important, too. Give them the attention they deserve for sticking around during your back-to-back boyfriend frenzy.
7. Do you really love him? Yes, he is sweet, but don’t throw that term around. You’ll figure out the meaning in due time.
8. Consider running Track in the spring. You’ll enjoy it and it will keep you in shape.
9. Are you sure you don't want to go to the Career Center?
10. Don't worry about the last 9 things. You are who you are because of what you've gone through.

What would you say to your 16-year-old self?

1 comment:

Faith Brackman said...

I think I learned more from this about you being 16 then I did then...