Tuesday, May 21, 2013

From my Future Husband


(This post was intended for Sunday, our 5 year anniversary, but obviously that didn't happen.)

My Dearest Jessica:
To complete a poem, a work of art or a musical composition takes time, patience, and the ability to weave 
together the strands of creative thought with that of emotions and soul of the artist. There is beauty within this process, and elegance in the finished product that exhibits the artist’s polished idea. At the same time, in the process of polishing and editing, some of the charm is stripped away from that original idea, the photograph of the idea’s inception.

With that, I want to walk away from the sculpted idea present in previous poems written for you in previous years and go with the organic ideas as they come.

It’s been five years since I asked you out at the Fraze Pavilion on that rainy night, blindfolded by the black and white tie (which you still have), and not a day passes that I don’t think about that day. I think of myself as one of the luckiest guys in the world, which is so clichĂ©, but how true it is. So many things could have happened that may have altered the course of events that led up to that night, a minor change like a delay of a minute of double checking if we were going to meet for ice cream or telling you I liked you may have meant us never dating. Beyond that, I also find myself incredibly fortunate (and lucky) to have found somebody who can just tolerate me and occasionally enable my bizarre, odd, strange, eccentric, and over the top creative behavior. Not an easy feat, yet somehow you pull it off. Speaking of that, I really have no idea how you put up with that, like seriously. You allow me to continue to be myself, without toning down any traits or qualities. You allow me to maintain the me that’s me for me. I can never thank you enough for that.

Saying I love you is such an understatement. One day I will think of a word (or create one) that describes the level of my love, but for now all I can say is I love you more than you will ever know. You’re such an amazing, beautiful, caring, outstanding and, dare I say it, gorgeous fiancĂ©e and I cannot wait till the day we are together for good and you can’t trade me in for a better or more sane model. Happy anniversary, my dear. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done and will do. I love you so very much. 

...

Isn't he the sweetest?!?! I freaking love this man! And I can't wait to be his wife!
As mentioned above, our anniversary was on Sunday.
Be ready for a recap of our celebrations tomorrow!

5 comments:

Becky said...

It's a good thing you're marrying him or else I would tell you to STAT! That is so sweet of him! Happy Anniversary :)

Brandy said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet!! I love it.

Christina said...

Just found your blog through the GCF blog hop!!
Stopping by and now following!!
Looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

Karla said...

Oh my gosh I just melted reading this.
How freaking adorable.
Keep this note forever! =)

Christine Campo said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading (and commenting) but that definitely brought tears to my eyes! I'm SO happy for y'all and miss you lots!