Friday, August 2, 2013

Running for the Wedding

As you know, I'm getting married next year. Yay!
As you may or may not know, I have my wedding dress! 
But!
It's too small.
 But you can't pass up a gorgeous dress for $40! Right? Or am I crazy?

Well, I guess I'm crazy, but I LOVE my dress! And I have tried on other dresses, but I didn't find anything I liked more than my dress.

So how am I going to fit into my dress?
I've come up with a couple of ways.
Joining a gym or running.

Well, I don't really want to pay for a gym membership, so I'm running.

Thanks to Nicole, I downloaded the C25K app on my phone.

And I love it!

I started it last Wednesday and I'm trying to do it every other day. 
It starts with a 5 minute warmup walk, and then it alternates between jogging and walking for 20 minutes.
The app tells you when to start jogging/walking, and when you're halfway there.
I feel like it's a great motivator.
1. I got excited when it said I was halfway there.
2. I felt accomplished when I got to the cooldown walk.

One thing I love about this app is that it's free!
It's only 8 weeks long, but there are other apps I can download after I finish this one!

Now I'm going to do Day 5!

What did you do to fit into your wedding dress?

Disclaimer: I was not paid or compensated for this post. I am simply writing my opinion of the app because I want to.

5 comments:

Karla said...

Yay!!! So excited for you!!
You are doing great!! =D

Brandy said...

That's awesome.
I just mainly made sure I didn't gain any weight. lol I tried the gym thing & went maybe 5 times? or less...
Running doesn't agree with my body, but I really think it's because it's just not used to it that much.
I fall short of breath way too easily and then that freaks me out & I have to talk myself down. lol But I can walk for a while just fine.
I've thought about the C25K for a while, but I didn't know there was an app for that. ;)
You're doing great, btw! :)

Susannah said...

You found your dress for $40?!?! That's amazing!!! It's definitely worth getting your body skinnier to fit into it! :-) (Plus, who doesn't want to be skinnier at their wedding?) :-)

Becky said...

That looks like an awesome app!! What great motivation too! I think it's awesome you found your dress for $40! It blows my mind how much weddings cost these days haha.

Christine Campo said...

As you may remember, I signed up for a half marathon to keep my mind off things while Manny was away. But it also ended up being a great way to stay in shape before the wedding! :)