Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Spontaneous Date Night

Zach and I usually aren't spontaneous. We usually have a plan at least the day before.

But last night was different. 
Yesterday morning I woke up without any plans to go anywhere except to run a few errands. Around lunch time, Zach called me and asked what my plans were for the rest of the day. (I had already ran that morning and started laundry.) I said I was probably just going to relax and watch TV or movies or something low key. We continued a random conversation and hung up. 10 minutes later he called me back and said I should come over and we could go and set up our wedding savings. I thought that was a great idea. The little bit we had saved had been in my wallet for weeks because we could never find time to hang out when the bank was open.

So I went over to his house after he got off work and we left. When we got there, we went into an office with a representative. The whole process took about 20 minutes, which isn't bad, but the girl helping us was really nice and liked our quirkiness.

Afterwards I felt relieved because I didn't have to carry the money anymore and we finally had an account just for the wedding.

See? Quirky.

When we left the bank, we went to a few other places then dinner. The whole hour we were at these places we were talking about where to get dinner. I finally mentioned Chipotle and Zach said no, but mentioned Hot Head. He's not a fan of Chipotle, but didn't mind Hot Head. I've never had Hot Head so I said sure.


I got a bowl with spicy chicken, corn, white rice lettuce and cheese. And let me tell you, the spicy chicken was just enough spice that I definitely was glad I didn't get a sauce. I think that would've been too much spice. But I did enjoy it.

At dinner, we were talking about different wedding things that we want to get nailed down in the next couple of months, so I created a Wedding To Do list on my phone. (I love the notepad on my iPhone, by the way.) I've only added a couple of things, but I know that list is just going to get longer as time goes on until our wedding day. :) (By the way, tomorrow is 10 months until our big day!!!)
After dinner, we went to Meijer because I wanted ice cream. (Jamie, I was eating my ice cream when I saw your post on Instagram. ;)) Zach didn't want any so it was just me feeling fat in the ice cream aisle as I decided what I wanted. I picked chocolate because they were out of my usual cookies and cream. We then we headed back to Zach's where I ate my ice cream and we cuddled.

I pulled out my phone while we were cuddling and got some randoms of the two of us.
I love Zach and his goofy faces. And I can't wait until we can cuddle every night!
Was your Monday night spontaneous? :)

P.S. All my photos can be found on my Instagram

6 comments:

Becky said...

that sounds like a fun night :) now I want Chipotle haha

Karla said...

You guys are so cute! Love your little date night!
I've never tried Chipotle!!

jessica said...

Y'all are so cute together! Yay for wedding planning! And now you have me craving Chipotle too. ha

Jamie Kulik said...

No dates complete without ice cream ;)

Susannah said...

What fun! Sometimes spontanious date nights are the best. :-)

Rachael SparkFire said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!! Spontaneity makes for the best decisions. So glad you had fun...and ahhh 10 months!!! :)