Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blogtember: Life Changing

Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

I would have to say when this happened. I know, this is predictable, but it really is the only distinct moment when my life took a turn. 

I mean, I knew we would eventually get engaged, but I was genuinely surprised when he proposed.

The whole day was pretty normal, up until that point. The whole family got together like usual, and we goofed around before dinner. But once it clicked in my mind what Zach was doing, I knew we were never going to be same, in a good way.

I had so many thoughts going through my head. The main thing was that I was going to be able to spend the rest of my life with Zach. And that he wanted to spend his life with me. I had so many plans and pins pictured in my head, but I knew I just wanted to tell people I was engaged!!

That night we went to my mom's house, his mom's house, and called his dad. I had a permanent smile on my face the rest of the night. We waited a few days tell the world we were engaged. We wanted to make sure the important people in our lives knew before Facebook or Twitter.


When did your life take a turn?


4 comments:

Karla said...

SO cute!! =D

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Love your story! I'm so curious - did he use the glass slipper?? Anyways, you guys look like a cute couple : )

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Aww congrats!!!

Becky said...

Aww so sweet! :) I like how you told the important people and then put it on facebook and twitter - just seems more special that way!