Friday, September 13, 2013

Want to photograph my wedding?

Today's Blogtember prompt: a self portrait.
This was last night at work. I twisted my hair and it stayed up for almost an hour.
But this isn't the only reason I'm posting today. The last couple of days I've been frustrated.
Over the last 2 months, I've been contacting wedding photographers trying to set up meetings with them to discuss them photographing my wedding. Our date is in the middle of June, at the height of wedding season, so I want to make sure I get a great photographer for a good price. Makes sense, right? 
Well, I kept getting the same message from everyone: "Let me check my schedule and I'll get back with you." And it's been two weeks since I've heard from any of them. After about the 3rd or 4th time of getting that, I became frustrated. I mean, I just want to discuss the possibility of them photographing my wedding. I don't want to plan every single detail until closer to the date. I'm trying to make sure I have the big stuff taken care of because I don't want to be one of those brides that freaks out a week before the wedding because something hasn't been booked, or completed, etc. Know what I mean?
I don't mean to be a downer or overreact, but I'm really frustrated. I don't want to keep calling them repeatedly, but I don't know what else to do. #endrant
What did you do when you booked your photographer? Any advice you want to share?

6 comments:

Tabitha @ Wandering Java Lover said...

Ah your pic instantly sparked my interest. Is that a shoe store?? I have worked in shoes all my life. Well, until the last year. We moved away from where I lived and I gave up shoes then. But I am missing it sooo much right now. Wow, I never thought I would say that?!?!

That's crappy about the photographers. I hope you have bettter luck finding one going forward. Try not to be to discouraged my those aren't the right ones and someone that will be perfect for your special day is just around the corner. Yep, I am a cornball! Toodles!

Angela Wiebe said...

good photo! Love your expression.
So the photographers you've contact must not be the right ones for you. Keep trying

Brandy said...

Ask for suggestions.
I got some suggestions and then looked around at their work and then chose.
Sorry you're having so much trouble. I think it's great that you are doing it now, it would be awful to encounter these problems closer to the big day, ya know?
Too bad you don't live close to me. We have a small handful of amazing photographers here.
I hope you have more luck! You could always check out Kayla! She lives in Ohio.

Rachael SparkFire said...

I wish I could help you with this problem but I haven't quite had this issue yet it in my life!!! I just had to catch up on all your blogging from the last few days. I have taken a little break for school! Loved looking at your ring :)))

PS I would love to meet you too someday! (In reference to your post). I would love to someday start a convention!

Christine said...

I would say follow up once or twice but the right photographer will definitely give you his or her attention. Since photographers are artists (at least in my mind) they can be a bit scatterbrained but they should also be trying to earn your business! :)

Jessica said...

That sounds so frustrating. I have never had to book a photographer for a big event before but my sister who is getting married next month didn't seem to have any trouble getting an photographer. Maybe you can attend a wedding fair?

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights