Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas, then Thanksgiving

Yep. We're that family. The ones that decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving.

But, we have a tradition to uphold. My dad and stepmom got married 18 years ago yesterday. And since then, we've always put up the Christmas tree on their anniversary.

We were all decorating and talking about different things when my sister said we should sing to the tree like they do in Charlie Brown.

So my dad grabbed my sister and they starting "oooohing" at the tree. 

The tree in all it's finished glory before the angel. Both my brother and sister tried to put up the angel.

But my sister succeeded. Then we all decided to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.


Do you have any holiday decorating traditions?

4 comments:

Karla said...

Aww I love this! Scott & I always put ours up on Black Friday. We use a star for the top. But we put it on last too! =)

Susannah said...

That's cute that you decorate on their anniversary. We typically wait until after Thanksgiving but this year we decorated last weekend. Since we're going out of town for Thanksgiving I wanted to come home to a Christmas-y house!

Brandy said...

We usually wait until the day or weekend after Thanksgiving, but I think they are thinking of putting it up on Wednesday because my nephews wants to help. But typically its an after Thanksgiving thing.

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

I'm one of those crazy people that starts counting down the days until Christmas in September. I'm super jealous ya'll have a tree already!