Thursday, December 26, 2013

After Christmas Positivity

The day after Christmas is usually a day I like to take off work and relax and reminisce about the memories I made this year. That was easy to do as a sales associate. Now that I'm an assistant manager, I am working today and can't really relax the way I want to. But that's okay. I've chosen to look at the positive side of things. And so far this is what I've come up with in list form:
1: Jesus is born!
2: Zach and I are happy and healthy and got to spend the whole day with our families yesterday.
3: I am blessed with an amazing family and am so grateful for their gifts.
4: I feel better when I'm able to give gifts to people, instead of receiving them.
5: I love seeing the look on their faces when they open the gifts I gave them.
6: When I leave work later I get to go spend more time with my family for our last Christmas celebration this year.
7: I'm completely content with my life and those in it. And you are apart of that!

I may have had to set my alarm for 5am this morning. So what?
I may have had to drive 45 minutes to get to work. So what?
I may have had to be at work at 6:45 this morning because the outlet mall wanted to open. So what?
I may have been stuck in traffic last night because of a disabled car when I really wanted to get home. So what?

In the new year I've made it my number 1 goal to look at the positive side of life more often than not. I know we all have our bad days, but there is always a silver lining.






I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Karla said...

I love this. I needed to read some positivity this morning! I swear, I always fall into a mini depression after Christmas!

Becky said...

SO very true!! I hope work goes by quickly and you have a great night with your family tonight :)

jennifer said...

I always have the post christmas blues :( So sad it's all over already, but the memories made were great!

Brandy said...

Love this post! ♥

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

Merry (belated) Christmas to you! ;)

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

It's great that you're so positive! I try to be as positive as possible too! A day of reflection is always a wonderful idea!
~Sara

Trish said...

We had to leave my family to go back to our home the day after Christmas and it was SO hard. All I wanted was a few more days with them, but you're right, looking at the positive was so much better than letting the bad stuff get to me. We had an amazing holiday together and that kept a smile on my face the whole 10 hour drive home :)