Monday, December 2, 2013

Turkey and Lasagna

As I was getting ready to write this post, I realized I had prepared a "What I'm Thankful For" post and completely forgot to post it on Thanksgiving. Oh well. I was so excited to spend time with Zach and my family that I wasn't really worried about anything else. Forgive me? Good!

My Thanksgiving was very relaxing, unlike last year. Which is GREAT!! Everyone got along and we all ate too much delicious food.

Zach and I of course had a little photo shoot. Like always.
I wanted a good picture of Zach and I, and in order for me to get that, he wants a goofy picture. Compromising at it's best.
Then we had to do our own sillyness after sitting back down.
Then my nephew wanted to join in. He loves doing silly photos.

Last year on Christmas, we got a family photo, but Zach wasn't in it, and my brother's ex-girlfriend was, so I suggested we do another one since everyone was together.
Besides the glare on my grandma's glasses, and my grandpa not smiling, I think we all look good for only one try!

After leaving my grandma's, Zach left and met up with some friends to go Black Friday (or Thursday for some places) shopping, and I just laid around the house until I had to go to work at 9 that night.

I worked 9pm-9am and Zach would call me occasionally to let me know the deals he scored. He wasn't looking for any big ticket items, he just wanted to see what it was like. This was his first year shopping that day. He scored some movies for pretty cheap, picture collage frames for me for $7 each, and a waffle iron for $4.50. He was pretty excited about the waffle iron. Still kind of is!

Friday after getting off work, I went home and slept. I set my alarm for 2pm, because we had another Thanksgiving that evening. I could have slept the whole day, I was so tired. But I didn't. I woke up and showered and got ready for Thanksgiving. I was excited to see the rest of my family that night, but I was so out of it all night. Zach would talk to me about wedding stuff, but I was too tired to worry about anything, and I kind of snapped at him a couple of times. He forgave me, of course, because he understood how tired I was.

We had Lasagna for dinner, since everyone had too much turkey the day before. After dinner, we made lists of what we want for Christmas and exchanged names. I didn't even think about getting any pictures of the evening, but it's okay. Not everything needs pictures, right?

How was your Thanksgiving?

P.S. I haven't had soda in TWO WEEKS!!! How awesome is that?!?!

2 comments:

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Wow that's a really great family photo! How you got everyone to look at the camera is amazing!

Karla said...

Good for you with the no soda thing! I haven't had a soda in almost 2 years! Crazy!

Nice family photo!! =D

And... I had turkey & lasagna for Thanksgiving too! How funny =)