Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Trying Week

It's only Tuesday and this week has already been trying.
I'm currently working my 4th open to close in row, and I'm really trying hard to hold true to my number one goal of the year.
I don't feel it is my place to discuss what is going on with my coworkers, but I've been hard at working thinking of all the positive things going on.
1. As of right now, I'm going to have an awesome paycheck in two weeks. I'm paid hourly, and if I work the rest of my scheduled shifts this week, I will be making some serious overtime!
2. I haven't been working completely by myself. Having a part timer working in the middle of the day, really makes it much easier to work open to close.
3. It's been really slow at the outlet mall, so I've been able to get a lot done in the store, as well as catch up on reading blogs and my book.
4. It has been extremely cold, but I'm so thankful my car has stuck it out all winter long, and has driven the 45 minute commute like a champ!
5. We've been lucky to not have any pipes bust this winter at home or at work.
6. We've also been lucky to not have our electric go out because of the extreme cold, at home or at work.
7. Life is beautiful and there is always a silver lining in every situation.

All images via Google Images

5 comments:

Karla said...

Love this! I'm having a trying week as well and this was something I needed to read today! I love that you are able to find the silver lining. =)

Care said...

Wow crazy amounts of work!! Keep it up and keep positive... Darling blog

Brittany Fry said...

I have the hardest time remaining positive especially when I am really busy at work. I typically have Fridays off which I hated in the beginning but over the last year I have really grown to savor my Fridays because it gives me a 3 day weekend and in the summer it is always so much better! But starting this year they are going to start having me work more fridays out of the month and my last check had my first Friday on it and it was so nice to have that extra on there. Hang in there girly!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

It is SO HARD to be positive. I really have to remind myself a lot and it's easier said than done!

Letters from a Mermaid said...

a fantastic positive post...i needed it too! Love ya girl, you make the world smile!