Sunday, January 5, 2014

No Spend January

A couple weeks ago Erin mentioned on Twitter something about doing a "No Spend January". She asked if other bloggers would be interested if it became a link up and of course I said yes! The link up is February 4 and I'm hoping to link up with great results!


Now that January is here, I thought I would share with you all my plans for this month. 


I won't be able to fully not spend money. There are things that are going on this month, so I'm budgeting for them as well. The only things I plan on purchasing include:
-Gas for my car
-Groceries
-Bathroom necessities
-My brother's birthday gift
-A hair trim
-Dinner/coffee with friends that I haven't seen in awhile

My budget for non-necessary items are:
$25-My brother's birthday gift
$5.99-A hair trim (only if Great Clips has their $5.99 sale)
$50-Dinner/coffee with friends that I haven't seen in awhile


I'm really excited and I hope to save lots of money!


4 comments:

Erin LFF said...

You can do it girl!!!! :) We always put a small amount of $ aside for some fun/date night, but when it's gone, it's gone!

Trish said...

We're kind of doing a no-spend thing this month too after seeing how much we spent in December. It was crazy! So unless it's a necessity we're not buying it. So far it hasn't been too bad but I really miss clearance shopping at Target!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

This is a great idea! I really need to control my spending! I would join in if I hadn't already spent some money! I think I'll try it for February!
~Sara

Brandy said...

Woohoo! Hoping to post my money/budget post sometime this week!
good luck girly! You can do it!