Thursday, January 14, 2016

Mitch Albom

Zach’s favorite author is Mitch Albom. You may know him from Tuesdays with Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, and many other books. 
A few months back Zach found out that he was going to be in Columbus in December, so of course he jumped at the chance to see him and bought tickets. One of my vacation days I split up and used a half day to go with him, and I am so glad I did!

Mitch Albom was going to be at a local high school, so Zach and I took our time going to Columbus. (I-70 is awful, and we were going up close to rush hour time.) 
We stopped for dinner on the way and made it to the high school with plenty of time to spare. For this event, Mitch Albom was giving away copies of his newest book to the first 300 people. When Zach and I arrived we were probably in the 60’s and we received our books when walking into the auditorium.

Mitch Albom was great. He talked about his new book and what all he did during the writing of the book. He answered a lot of questions about all of his books, and then he had a book signing at the end. Zach had brought 4 of his other books to have him sign them, along with his new one and I got my new one signed.

The whole evening was nice. It was a laid back kind of evening, and something we don’t normally do. Of course, we took multiple selfies.

No comments: